Pages

Friday, March 24, 2017

Optician
Duties and Responsibilities:
As an optician you design and distribute glasses to patients. They also determine how much correction is needed for a patient’s eyesight. An optician can work in different places such as joint practice, hospitals, laboratories, eye care centers or retail stores. Some opticians can even perform correction surgery on patients.
Salary:
$34,840
Education:
The first step in becoming an optician is having a high school diplomas as well as being an apprentice. Then you must acquire an Associate’s Degree or a Bachelor’s Degree. Training is required in order to become an Optician. After that you must get certified. If you are interested in becoming an optician classes you would want to take are anatomy and physiology of the human eye, optical fundamentals and refraction.
Need for this profession:
The need for this profession is pretty high because most people need correction for their eyesight. If a person is having trouble seeing they know that they can head to an Optician for help. There is a 1.6% unemployment rate. This tells us that the Optician is very much needed.
Reflection:
Becoming an Optician is a career I would definitely like to pursue. My main reason is because I personally do need glasses so by becoming one I can help people like myself. This is also a way I can give back to my community. Also I know I can make a great impact on someone’s life. I also find it fascinating to learn about the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment