Pages

Friday, October 14, 2016

Police Officer
Duties and Responsibilities:
One of the main responsibility of a police officer is to patrol people and property to make sure they are safe. The police officer has to enforce laws and arrest people when needed. They have to answer calls. On rare occasions the police officers can testify in cases at court.
Salary:
$56,980
Education:
In order to become a police officer you need to first graduate high school with a diploma, although some forces require to be a college graduate. Then you need to  go to a police academy and graduate. Even though the education is short you need to qualify in certain requirements such as:
  • Be a United States citizen
  • Be at least 21 years old
  • Have a high school diploma or equivalent
  • Possess a driver’s license
  • Have no prior convictions
Demand for this profession:
The demand for police officers is very high because no matter how sad it is we live in an area where there are a lot of accidents. All United States residents need protection no matter how strong they think they are. When accidents happen or when we need help there is always a police officer that will help us.
Summary:
Becoming a police officer is something I would not want to purse because I would not like to put my life at risk. Even though I do not wish to become a police officer I have a lot of respect for them because every  night we can go to sleep knowing we are safe with them patrolling our neighborhoods. Another reason I would not want to become one is if someone needs my help and I could not get their in time to save them then I would feel guilty for every single death.

No comments:

Post a Comment