Pages

Friday, September 30, 2016

  Emergency Medical Technician
Duties and Responsibilities:
The most important responsibility an EMT has is to answer the emergency phone if it is called. The EMT is responsible to make sure a person who is injured gets medical transportation. The EMT has to go through gruesome accidents everyday and make sure evidence is protected.
Salary:
$31,700
Education:
The first step into becoming an EMT is receiving a high school diploma. After that you need to go to college and take courses on anatomy and physiology. Then you need four take four other levels of EMT training and get certified.
Demand for this profession:
The demand for this job is very high because everyday many people get in accidents and all of them need transportation to the hospital in order to save their life. Also when an EMT gets to the accident a person might be wounded so they will need medical help from the EMT. So that is why the demand is very high and much needed.
Reflection:
Now that I have researched the EMT I think it is not a job I would want to pursue. The reason I would not want to pursue this job is because I would not want to feel pressured while trying to save someone’s life, if they were to die I would feel the guilt on my shoulders. Living with guilt on my shoulders is not something I would be able to live with. Another reason I would not want to
become an EMT is because I don’t want to see all the bad things that go on in the world I call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment