Pages

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Optometrist
Duties and Responsibilities:
Optometrists are in charge of checking the eyes and any other part that has to do with the visual system. Additionally they treat any problems that have to do with the eye. Also they prescribe glasses or contacts lenses that a patient might need. The optometrist can also perform small surgeries to help correct a patient’s vision. As an optometrist  they are also in charge of providing treatment for the eye.
Salary:
$103,900 Annually
Education:
First you must earn an Undergraduate Degree, with at least 3 years of undergraduate school. Then you must pass the Optometry Admission Test. After that you are required to go to and Complete Optometry School. Lastly you must pass the become a licensed Optometrist.
Demand for this Profession:
The demand for this profession is fairly high. Research shows that the job rate for Optometrists is 27% percent over average. This tells us that the need for the optometrist is growing rapidly. So if you choose to become an optometrist you will have a job and not be without a job.
Reflection:
The optometrist is a career I would definitely like to pursue. One of my reasons is because I personally am thankful for them because I need glasses and they have helped me. By becoming one I can help people like I have been helped. I have the opportunity to make a great impact in someone’s life and help them prosper. Additionally I find the human eye interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment